Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TX_RX board installation problem (0x000c)?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TX_RX board installation problem (0x000c)?
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 02:41:31 -0800

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 05:40:27PM +0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi, all
>          I just got my 2 new TV_RX boards from Ettus, but when I installed it
> and
> run the tvrx_wfm_rcv_gui.py script, the script tells me that it is an unknown
> board with ID 0x000c. The release of gnuradio software version is close to 2.5
> (I did CVS it from the ftp site), but still far away from the 2.6 version.
> Any clue?

You've got one of Matt's new TV_RX_REV_2 boards.  It uses a different
IF output frequency than the earlier boards.  You'll need to build
from CVS to get support for this board.  Externally it behaves the
same as the earlier boards.

> I thought about updating the gnuradio from 2.5 to 2.6, but I want to know what
> happened before I tried anything dramatic.

Building from CVS won't be dramatic.  You'll just get later code that
has more features and bug fixes, and more importantly, support for
your new daughter board ;)

Eric