[Discuss-gnuradio] Channel coding andTDMA in gnuradio

From: Keith Bannister
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel coding andTDMA in gnuradio
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:33:33 +0000

Hello,

I've had a rather enjoyable time having a play with gnuradio over the holidays. Well done to the contributors!

I'm interested in contributing a bit but I would like some guidance so as not to trample on anyone's territory :-)

Channel Coding:
1. Phil Karn's Reed-Solomon code is in the 2.6 tarball but I can't find any blocks that use it. Have I missed something? Does the RS stuff need wrapping in a gr_block?

2. Also, Phil Karn's convoltional code/decoders are also available in the GPL. Is anyone wrapping these in blocks yet?

TDMA:
3. How do the designers envisage doing TDMA? Is it a case of documenting techniques that enable the designer to get gnuradio to do what you need? I'm thinking in particular:
- Attaching meta-information (e.g. timestamps, error measurements) to blocks of samples
- Zero-copy methods (e.g. for muxes)

4. Is anyone working on a gr_soft_correlator that does something similar to gr_simple_corrlator but in the over-sampled, soft-decision domain?

Cheers,

--
Keith Bannister