Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: leap-second assistance

From: Poul-Henning Kamp
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: leap-second assistance
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:29:56 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, cswiger writes:
>On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>

>> Any format is fine with me.
>>
>> Off the air samples would be my preference because it would allow a simple
>> replay into a time receiver if one has a suitable device (ie: USRP :-)
>>

>Not sure what you mean by off the air samples? DO you mean raw
>undemodulated RF samples?  At decimation = 256 we can get about
>40 minutes on one 4.7Gb DVD. You intend to 'rebroadcast' the RF
>into a time receiver using a USRP ?  Cool ;)

Yes exactly.

Right now testing leap seconds is always done by some manually
manipulated data stream of what we thing the receivers behaviour
will be if a leap second happens.

If we could instead unplug the antenna and replay an actual leapsecond,
we stand a much better chance of know what will actually happen
when the next one comes around.

If any of you have time receivers where you can capture also the
data stream on the serial port, that sort of data would be most
welcome too.

The goal is quite simply to create the most comprehensive repository
of real-world leapsecond data.

Poul-Henning

address@hidden         | TCP/IP since RFC 956