[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: New blocks for agc, uchar-to_float and char-to_fl

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: New blocks for agc, uchar-to_float and char-to_float
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:20:30 +0100

Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 12:24:36AM +0100, Martin Dvh wrote:
>
>>With all the conversions between uchar, char, short, float (and
>>complex) we might want to use a template for these instead in the
>>future.
>

> Good point.
>

>>Eric, you could apply the patch or just give a call and I do a commit.
>

> Please go ahead and commit these.
Done

> FYI, I'm working through the multi-usrp patches now.  Thanks for
> including all the docs about what and why.
You're welcome.

I really don't like writing documentation, but I very well understand the
importance of it.
I know how hard it can be to understand some new code, especially when it is
scattered all over a system.

I wrote these docs from a user/gnuradio-core developers perspective. Like a
HowToUse, documenting the new API.
I didn't write anything about the verilog code, or implementation details, as
this would be for a very selective audience only.
If it is not clear, please ask.

Martin