Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK at 768kb/sec and other good stuff

From: Dawei Shen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK at 768kb/sec and other good stuff
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:47:22 -0500

Hi, Eric and other dudes

Hope you  have enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving.

We have bought two Flex boards and we are doing the experiments with the GMSK2. We do TX and RX using two machines, but at the receiver, we can't see anything. So could you please help me clarify a few things?
1. There are two SMA connectors on the Flex boards, one is called TX/RX, one is called RX2. What are their functions? Should I use the TX/RX one at both receiver and transmitter?
2. What kind of Antennas do you use for the experiments? Do we need to use an external amplifier?

Thank you for your time

Dawei