Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS updates, 1Mbit/sec GMSK, 2.6

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS updates, 1Mbit/sec GMSK, 2.6
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:39:17 +1030

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:51, Eric Blossom wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've recently checked in a bunch of changes, some of which were to
> gr_block.h, which everything depends on.
>
> As a result, if you are tracking CVS, you will need to update and
> rebuild *everything*.
>
> One of the changes altered how we deal with the history mechanism.
> This is mostly transparent, but filters now get a zero initialized
> delay line, and produce N outputs when N inputs are run through them.
> The old code used to produce N-ntaps-1 outputs when N inputs were run
> through them.
>
> These changes allow transmitted data to be sent discontinuously to the
> USRP.  The additional layer of transmit buffering that used to be in the
> fusb_linux code has been removed.
>
> By changing the default number of samples/baud from 4 to 2, the GMSK
> code is now running at 1Mbit/sec with the same error performance ;)
> This is without any real tuning...  2Mbit/sec should definitely be doable.
>

> Regarding 2.6:  I still need to clean up the boost autoconf code and
> confirm that "make distcheck" works on our favorite platforms.  Other
> than that, we're good to go.

I'm now getting following error message when attempting to run benchmark.py:

barossa: {9} ./benchmark_usb.py
Testing 2MB/sec... usrp_open_interface:usb_set_alt_interface: failed
could not set alt intf 0/0: Invalid argument
open_nth_cmd_interface: open_cmd_interface failed
usrp: failed to load firmware /usr/pkg/share/usrp/rev2/usrp_firmware.ihx.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 106, in ?
    main ()
  File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 96, in main
    ok = run_test (rate, verbose)
  File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 63, in run_test
    usrp_tx = usrp.sink_s (0, tx_interp)
  File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp.py", line 171, in
sink_s
    u = usrp1.sink_s(which, interp_rate, nchan, mux)
  File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp1.py", line 908, in
sink_s
    return _usrp1.sink_s(*args)
RuntimeError: std::runtime_error

This was ok with CVS of a couple of days ago. Nothing else has changed on this
system.

cheerio Berndt