Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help using simple_framer and simple_correlator

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help using simple_framer and simple_correlator
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:16:55 -0500

I am also in the process of studying this part of the software to see if I
can use it to recreate my data from the demodulated signal.

Can anyone provide information on what are sync field, seq number and
command field that are added to the payload?  I need to recreate this in my
transmitter which is not usrp/gnuradio based.  It's just a simple micro
controller.  So far I have not been able to understand what the
gr_simple_framer does.

Does the framer convert digital data stream to self-synchronizing code?

My transmitter clock rate is not a multiple of 64 MS/s and therefore so is
my data rate.  Will this cause difficulty?  I am using very low data rate
and with short retransmission time.

Mike, if you get your code to work, I would like to see it and what does
the input data file look like.

Thanks,
Mike