[Discuss-gnuradio] 2.6 release coming RSN

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2.6 release coming RSN
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:54:12 -0700

Yes, I know it's *really* time for a new release.
[I can tell because I keep telling everyone to use CVS!]

Anyhow, there are a few things still left to finish off.

In no particular order:

* Finish refactoring *all* examples so that they use the best practices
  with regard to GUI organization, hierarchical blocks, unified handling of
  usrp daughterboards, command line arguments, control-C handling, etc.

  usrp_fft.py, usrp_wfm_rcv.py and the stuff in the audio directory are
  currently done.  Take a look at them to see where we're headed.

* Rework usrp_nbfm_ptt (basic narrow band FM tranceiver) so that it
  works with all daughterboards.

* FPGA half-band filter.

* Integrate the native python documentation (pydoc stuff)

* Add support to query and control IF bandwidth to the generic usrp
  daughterboard code [Needed for dbs_rx].

There a ton of other things on the list, but I think these are the
critical items.

Eric