Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usb_claim_interface error

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usb_claim_interface error
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:09:46 -0700

Eric Blossom wrote:

>>Tried chmoding all subdirectories and files under
>>/proc/bus/usb. Still doesn't work.
>
> No clue.  Is there anything interesting in the kernel logs?

I'm not familiar with Red Hat.  On Debian Linux, /proc/usb permissions
are options to the usbfs filesystem mount, which can be modified in the
/etc/fstab file.  I've set mine to 660 with ownership to root and group
id to users (all regular users under Debian.)  Poor security practice
but it works for my test gear.  Probably something similar for Red Hat.

-Johnathan, AE6HO