Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Instaling Baseline requirment problem

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Instaling Baseline requirment problem
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:21:57 -0700

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 10:39:33AM -0500, LRK wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 12:18:10PM +0000, Robert McGwier wrote:
>
> I just built the usrp portion for the first time, not having a USRP I was
> trying to learn more about the process by using the audio stuff.
> I encountered several problems and posted questions to the list but got
> no responses. After a bit more hacking, it appears usrp compiles Ok with
> the FreeBSD port of libusb so maybe it will work.
>
> Just to be sure things are right, I blew away the GnuRadio installed files
> and re-built from CVS. Amazingly, one problem in the gnuradio-core build
> seems to have disappeared but a new problem appeared in the audio-oss build.

A couple of basic comments:

I assume that you know that the modules have to be built in a
particular order to satisfy dependencies among themselves.
The easiest way to handle this is to use:

  $ cd gr-build
  $ ./for-all-dirs ../buildit  2>&1 | tee make.log

> One more bug to hunt down to get back where I was:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./qa_oss.py", line 24, in ?
>     import audio_oss
>   File "/usr/gr/gr-build/gr-audio-oss/src/audio_oss.py", line 5, in ?
>     import _audio_oss
> ImportError: /usr/gr/gr-build/gr-audio-oss/src/.libs/_audio_oss.so: Undefined
> symbol "_ZN8gr_block5startEv"
> FAIL: run_tests

Did you "make install" gnuradio-core prior to trying to build audio_oss?
(If you ../buildit in gnuradio-core, it would have done this for you.)

It could be that you have an old installed version of the
gnuradio-core library sitting in /usr/local/lib that is being
referenced when running the gr-audio-oss tests.

Eric