Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Instaling Baseline requirment problem

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Instaling Baseline requirment problem
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:18:10 +0000

Same here:

Under Suse 9.3 (WHICH I HAVE HAD FOR MONTHS) 8-) , xerces will not compile. The latest version, 2_7_0 gets further into the build than before but will not build. Since I could not figure out a single need for it, I removed it from KD7LMO's baseline build stuff.

Please let me pass along a warning. A month ago, I upgraded gcc and got all bold (sigh). I attempted to upgrade pango, atk, gtk, wxgtk, and remake wxPython 2.6.1 in an abortive attempt to get beyond some of this "coloring with Crayola crayon and finger painting" look with improperly initialized controls/broken controls, etc. have in wxGtk/wxPython. WHAT A MISTAKE. I have been unable to go backwards and get gnuRadio to work since. I have been completely dead in the water, unable to diagnose what was wrong other than import wx gave me "undefined symbols in pango" even after I went backwards. I finally just pulled off my personal files and rebuilt the distribution and used the wxGtk that came with SUSE. I admit I had other things going on during that month that interfered (the month from just north of the river Styx), but this was a painful reminder of the old addage" if it ain't broke, don't fix it unless you want to stall development.

Bob