Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fftw 3.0.1 build failure

From: William Moerner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fftw 3.0.1 build failure
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:18:45 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Eric:

Thank you, thank you!  Your fix worked; clearly I had something confusing the build from previous failures.

(History is: I started with the detailed scripts from kd7lmo (for FC3) and tried make them work with Mandriva.  When this failed I tried to start over with Dawei Shen's tutorial instructions.  I read the fftw documentation which recommended "make distclean".  Wish there were detailed scripts for other distributions, I know you all do, too.)
Best of 73, Weo WN6I

Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 12:56:15PM -0700, William Moerner wrote:
> Hi, I am really trying to get my usrp up, but I have a
> problem building fftw.
>
> system Asus Athlon K7
> OS Mandriva 10.1 Official - chose this due to Eric's
> recommendations, clean install recently, fully
> updated, gcc 3.4.1
>
> Following instructions from Dawei's tutorial, I use
>
> make distclean
> ./configure --enable-float --enable-shared --enable-k7
> make
>
> make FAILS with "no rule to make target libfftw3f.la.c
> needed by libfftw3f.la
> Stop."
>
> Any ideas from the experts?

Don't start with a distclean.

Unpack it again and just do:

./configure --enable-float --enable-shared --enable-k7
make

Eric