Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about mux

From: cswiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about mux
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:36:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Martin Dvh wrote:

> Hi Chuck,
>  >I'm expecting
>  > to get a 1Khz signal in one channel and 2Khz in another channel,
>  > but end up with the two getting mixed etc.
>  >Now if I disconnect the wire connect J19 to J48 ch1 & ch2 indeed flatline
> as expected.
> How do ch 3 & 4 look when you disconnect the wire connect J19 to J48.
>
> You only set the tx_freq for channel 0
> sink.set_tx_freq(0,5e6)
>
> You should also do
> sink.set_tx_freq(1,5e6)
>
> This means you output frequencies of 5.001 Mhz and 5.002 MHz.

Ok - I was assuming all DDC/DUC's were set to the same.

When the other cable between J19 & 48 is removed the scope
channels 3 & 4 flatline, just as expected.

I did add sink.set_rx_freq(1,5e6) and get exactly the same
results - which is interesting - even setting sink.set_rx_freq(1,0)
has no effect at all - however sink.set_rx_freq(0,0) results in
no signal, as expected, since we're sending at 0hz baseband
and receiving at 5e6 DDC.

So, if sink.set_rx_freq(1,freq) is working then the mux 0x00A8
isn't routing thru DUC 1.

I'll just probe and try things and see what works.

Thanks.

--Chuck