Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Name Buffer Error

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Name Buffer Error
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:08:04 -0700

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 11:23:50AM +1200, Moir, Tom wrote:

> Still getting thsi error when I do a ./configure of the core
>
>   File
> "/root/Desktop/soft/gnuradio-temp/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr/flow_graph.py",
>  line 26, in ?
>     from gnuradio_swig_python import buffer, buffer_add_reader, block_detail,
> \
> ImportError: cannot import name buffer
>
> Whats the name buffer?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Tom,

I *seriously* doubt that you are getting this error message when you
are doing a configure.

Are you building from CVS?
If so, please update and rebuild.
If not, you'll need to use swig version 1.3.23 or 1.3.24

Also, from the message above that includes "/root/Desktop/..." I infer
that you are building and running all of this as root.  That is not a
very good idea.  In general, you should run as a non-root user 99.999%
of the time.

Eric