Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] binary installer gnuradio-2.5cvs.win32.exe for wi

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] binary installer gnuradio-2.5cvs.win32.exe for windows
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 00:07:07 +0200

Hi all,
I made new binary installers which include the patches we made on what-the-hack
to make the usrp somewhat working on windows.
http://www.olifantasia.com/pub/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/mingw/binary-installer/gnuradio-with-usrp/

I just packaged the files we created at what-the-hack, including gnuradio-core,
audio-windows, wxgui, usrp and gr-usrp.
(recent changes in the last 10 days are not in these files yet)

The usrp driver doesn't work completely correct yet on windows. If you run the
usrp/test_counting.py example you will see that it is losing samples.
We hope to fix this soon.
You can still play with it though.

The way the binary installer works and where it installes its files might change in the future. There is still discussion on where to install some dlls and the firmware.
(Which is not always clear on windows, you  don't have /usr/lib, usr/bin and
/usr/share)

Greetings,
Martin
mjam01 wrote:
Any updates to the mingw usrp gnuradio binary installation files to
allow for the examples to work with the usrp on windows? Stephane
mentioned previously that gnuradio-core/usrp/gr-usrp needs to be
updated in the installer.

Are you using the snapshot from Martin?
This binary installer needs an update (gnuradio-core/usrp/gr-usrp)
to work with the examples. If thing goes well, we might generate
a new one soon..

--
Stephane