Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: vlc stream from gnu radio

From: Dallas Masters
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: vlc stream from gnu radio
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:01:40 -0600

Netmeeting is M$, but it adheres (mostly) to the videoconferencing
protocol (H.323, I think) and will talk to Gnomemeeting.  Things like
skype, Yahoo, and M$ Messenger don't use a protocol, so they don't
interoperate well or at all.  Gnomemeeting is compliant and will
operate with M$ Netmeeting just fine.  It's just too bad that folks
forgot that their Windoze boxes already had Netmeeting installed when
the video chat craze hit.  It would be easier for us to communicate if
we all used a standards-compliant app like Gnome/Netmeeting.

Dallas