Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Still confused about the IF frequency

From: Rick Parrish
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Still confused about the IF frequency
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:44:41 -0500

Sachi wrote:

Since we had to do that "reflection", the spectrum is reversed.  This isn't a
problem for FM, but needs to be taken into account for most modulations.
For analog audio, no it's not a problem but for other modes - like FSK or PSK modulated data, it would (unless I've completely misunderstood) invert the signal and therefore the data (but not for FFSK or other NRZ modes).

-rick