[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP USB not responding

From: EDWARD HALL
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP USB not responding
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:23:58 -0500

My USRP board has developed a USB communications issue.  The host PC no longer responds to the board when the USB connection is made.  “USRP” does not show up in USBview, and the FPGA does not load.  The green flashing LED on the board continues to flash at the faster rate.  I can see two interrupts using XOSview that are generated when the USB cable is connected.  These results are from using the Knoppix/USRP live CD on two different computers and with two different USB2.0 cables.

I am hopeful that this is a firmware instead of a hardware issue with the USRP USB driver IC.  Does the this IC store its identification in EEPROM, and can this be reloaded through USB?  Has anyone had a similar issue and was able to clear the problem?

Thanks for any help.

Ward