Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] latest version of gr_python.m4

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] latest version of gr_python.m4
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:53:58 +0200

Hi Andrew,

You're pretty lucky :-)

Beck, Andrew Thomas - BECAT001" <address@hidden>:
> Firstly, I don't understand auto* stuff.
> I was wondering if gr_python.m4 is actually broken under cygwin
> or if I'm doing something wrong. Basically, I'm failing to link
> the python library & it seems to be because PYTHON_LDFLAGS is null.
> I'm still confirming it works fully, but I ended up hacking the m4 file
> to remove the check for mingw & took some of the body from an earlier
> version. It's ugly, but it seems to link now.
> Is this a known issue? Looking at the file, it seems that several
> people have hacked it about to make it work on their platform.

The windows platform code is hot right now. We try to make it to work
for MinGW and Cygwin, but without breaking other arch's.
The good news is Eric just commited today some patches I sent
him for Cygwin, which I made (again) working this week.
So, a clean check out with a bootstrap, make, lot of coffee, ..
should bring you now to a successful make check under Cygwin.

Thanks for the report. We're at your service during the week-end :-)

Cheerio
--
Stephane