Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AGC using RXPGA on MxFE

From: Sachi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AGC using RXPGA on MxFE
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:13:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Eric

Would you please iterate more on the concept of PGA?
I don't understand it quite well.  Is it just an
amplifier after the ADC, so that the 16-bit signed
integer is multiplied by the value of pga? Or, let's
say the pga is 10, is it true that the p-p value of
the adc is not 1V--1V, but 0.1V - -0.1V, so that the
ADC can quantize the signal more subtly??

And how about the Tx path?

Thanks

Sachi