Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gr_python.m4

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gr_python.m4
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:30:02 -0700

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 01:04:55AM +0200, Stephane Fillod wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 05:24:59PM -0700, Eric Blossom wrote:
>
> > So, then the question becomes, "what's the easiest way to build GNU
> > Radio for a windows target?"
>
> I would say natively. Since I'm a developer and not a Windows final
> user, I'll be the only one doing cross-development.
>
> > I thought that most people ran MinGW under windows.  I take it that
> > you are running it under linux and generating windows binaries.
> > Perhaps a quicker path is just to make GNU Radio build under MinGW
> > running under windows?  Then the cross development issues go away.
>
> I'd like, if possible, to keep the ability to cross-build MinGW under
> Linux. This is very handy to check the portabilty, from the same source
> tree (VPATH), without having to reboot.

OK.  Can we have these goals:

  * builds natively under MinGW
  * builds cross-compiled from x86 GNU/Linux
  * doesn't break anything else

> I think this is possible cheaply thanks to the autoconf cache and
> some ac_cv_* variable overload from the configure line. I'll come up
> with a config/gr_python.m4.

Thanks.

You may want to consider the distutils fragment with the replace
operation that floated across the list a couple of days ago.
I haven't applied it to gr_python.m4 and will hold off pending your patch.

Eric