[Discuss-gnuradio] dropped bits?

From: John E. Don Carlos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] dropped bits?
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 22:57:42 -0700

I added head followed by save_file to tvrx_debug.py to save data for further
analysis.  The terminal shows some u0u0 activity which may indicate that
data is lost.  tvrx_debug does not output u0u0 without save_file (with or
without head) unless the mouse is moved.  Apparently mouse motion or
save_file is interfering with the USB transfer, perhaps delaying servicing
USB interrupts?  The decimated sample rate is 8MSamples/sec.

Is there a way to store the data sample in memory and save it to file at the
end of the data gathering period?

I don't know USB or the USRP details, but at 32MB/s an interupt would occur
every 15 ms if the data is buffered in 0.5 MB chunks.  My pentium is
hyper-threaded - is there a way to dedicate one thread to service the USB
interupts?

Thanks,
John