Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] static libpython3.2.a issue while building gnurad

From: Mark S Petrovic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] static libpython3.2.a issue while building gnuradio-core from CVS
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:20:10 -0700

On 21Jun, Mark S Petrovic wrote:

> As a result, the python dev lib test program as seen in
> gnuradio-core/config.log
>
> gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall  -I/usr/include/python2.3  conftest.c
> -L/usr/lib/python2.3/config -lpython2
> .3  -lpthread -ldl  -lutil >&5
>
> does not succeed in linking because libpython2.3.a has unresolved math
> symbols.  For example, from config.log

I should have mentioned that the failure to link the test program causes
configure to print to the console the message

   checking Python headers and library usability... configure: WARNING: no dev
lib

I also should have asked:  what is the best way to deal with the static
lib issue?  Is Python on my system somehow built incompatibly with
gnuradio build suite?  Should the static library be removed (sounds like
a bad idea)?  Should gr_python.m4 be modified to find the .so first?

Thanks.

Mark