Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital Communication using GNU Radio.

From: Sachi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital Communication using GNU Radio.
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 20:31:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Eric and other friends

Today I tried a lot on the FSK TX/RX, by connecting
the BasicTX and BasicRX on the same USRP board via a
sma-sma cable.

I am wondering, what is a good and correct reception?
Ideally, I thought it should be, if I send a file, it
should be received exactly the same as the original
one.  However, this is not the case in my experiments.
Sometimes, even I didn't send anything, the receiver
can still "receive" something and write them into the
file.  Sometimes, although it is synchronized at the
receiver, (the seq no. is correct, going
increasingly), the receiving file is still much
different with the original one, (might be larger).

So what happens? Is there anything wrong with my
setting? What can be done for a reliable transmission?

Thanks for all your help
Sachi