[Discuss-gnuradio] gui for HF sideband listening - HF Explorer

From: cswiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gui for HF sideband listening - HF Explorer
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:35:48 -0400 (EDT)

Gang - Here's a fully working gui for my weaver code, with all the
features I wanted and support for the Powermate knob. Features

* AGC
* Demods both upper and lower sideband at the same time, allowing
  independant sideband listening (one in each ear, stereo), or mono
  LSB or USB.
* Audio filters from 600 to 3600hz
* frequency, volume and filter sliders operate by either the mouse
  or Powermate knob
* Function adjusted by the Powermate selectable by pressing the knob or
  clicking on buttons. You can use the slider to quickly make large
  changes in frequency then use the knob for fine tuning in 100hz steps
* Supports fast fwd and rewind when playing from a file, by either
  clicking on buttons for large delta-T or using the knob for smaller
  time steps
* Menubar
* Statusbar with freq, vol and filter
* gui laid out with wxGlade and the *.wxg files are available for further
  editing

Future plans include AM (coming very soon), live usrp support with band
selection, record audio to file, selectable tuning steps, agc signal
strength meter, etc.

http://webpages.charter.net/cswiger/hfx/

Right now it's tailored to crusing around an 80meter band datafile I
made earlier but will be making it more general and, with the appropriate
front end hardware, give Kenwood & company a run for their money.

--Chuck