Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 03:53:18 -0700

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 09:41:23PM -0700, John E. Don Carlos wrote:
> What is the best way to get hdtv going?
>
> I've gotten the USRP working with FM (wfm_rcv_gui.py).  The TV files,
> tvrx_debug.py and tvrx_wfm_rcv_gui.py give NonImplementedError: No matching
> function for overloaded 'source_c' (i do have the TV daughter board)
>
> Python is new for me, C++ somewhat so, so i would appreciate a hint. More
> important - should i expect the ATSC files to work?  Any guidance (eg where
> to start) would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> John

I believe that

> NonImplementedError: No matching function for overloaded 'source_c'

Is coming from an outdated version of the usrp.py.

If you are building from CVS, have you updated and built recently?
That is, in the past week or so?

Re ATSC:  The atsc files that are in CVS need to be ported from the
old 0.X GNU Radio code base to the 2.X code base.  In addition, to
make them run with the USRP a bit rework at the beginning of the
signal processing pipeline will be required.  The original code
assumed 20MS/sec real samples.  The USRP gives complex baseband at
8MS/sec.  All of the info you require is contained in the 8 MS/s
complex baseband.

Matt, comments?  Perhaps it would be easier in this case just to send
16MS/sec real baseband from the USRP to more closely match the
existing signal processing strategy.

Eric