Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] linux soundcard modem

From: michael taylor
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] linux soundcard modem
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:23:10 -0400

On 5/23/05, Jaap Stolk <address@hidden> wrote:
> and a mobile phone (without IR or connector). I would like to use
> the sound card as a modem (using acoustic coupling). 300 Baud is ok,

> Does anyone know about any win-modem-like source code that can be
> used for this kind of thing, or should i just write something from
> the ground up using some FFT code? i figured that i don't need to

> a Linux laptop just isn't complete without at least some way to
> stay it touch with the rest of the world. This could even work

Tom Sailor's Multiplatform Soundcard Packet Radio Modem
<http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/soundmodem/>

It is not plug and play, and some people have no sucess with it, but
you might want to experiment with it. Read the documentation, and ask
questions on the linux-hams mailing list[1].

Good luck

[1] <http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-hams>