[Discuss-gnuradio] Exception handling

From: Meenal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Exception handling
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:17:47 -0500

I have a client - server set up with GnuRadio file descriptor sink being the client and another python script being the server. I'd like to create a persistent connection between them such that if the server dies during runtime, then the GnuRadio socket connection will sleep and come back alive when the server is restarted. I am trying to use exception handling in Python for this purpose.

I run into a problem , because the gr_file_descriptor_sink.cc is the one that throws an error on write ( ), when the server dies. How can I make this exception available to the python script so that I may handle the exception ? Or is their another better approach ?

Thanks,
Meenal