[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP-KNOPPIX Beta

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP-KNOPPIX Beta
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 23:12:17 -0700

I have posted an iso image for a KNOPPIX-based distribution with all the
 software necessary for the USRP and GNU Radio built in.  This should
come in handy for those who have had trouble installing software, or
wish to use their USRP with machines that don't have linux installed.

For those not familiar with it, KNOPPIX is a bootable Linux
distribution-on-a-CD (aka Live CD).  You put it in your CD drive and
boot your machine.  No need to install anything on your hard drive.

Please try this version out.  It is a beta, and basically just has the
USRP packages installed.  I'd like to get custom backgrounds, menus, and
web pages put in to ease the learning curve for those new to Linux.
Please let me know if it doesn't work for you and/or you find something
missing.  The gnuradio examples can be found in  the
/usr/share/doc/gnuradio-examples directory.

You can download the image at:

http://opensdr.sf.net/knop-usrp-20050504.iso

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks to Ramakrishnan and Steinar for getting the Debian packages all
sorted out!

Matt