[Discuss-gnuradio] CVS compilation problem (actually a test fails)

From: matt . nottingham
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS compilation problem (actually a test fails)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 17:16:30 +0100

Hi,

I can't check the archives at the moment as lists.gnu.org doesn't want
to talk to anyone, but I don't remember anyone saying anything about
this.

A couple of weeks ago I compiled and ran all the gnuradio code. I then
had a disk failure and had to rebuild the whole of my system. I
downloaded all of the source code again (from CVS) and rebuilt it, but
now I get the following error:

>>> gr_fir_fff: using 3DNow!
.
Ran 1 test in 0.011s

OK
E.
ERROR: test_blks_import (__main__.test_head)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_kludged_imports.py", line 35, in test_blks_import
    from gnuradio import blks
  File
"/data/matt/usrp/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blks/__init__.py",
line 37, in ?
    exec "from gnuradio.blksimpl.%s import *" % (f,)
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/data/matt/usrp/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blksimpl/digital_voice.py",
 line 33, in ?
    from gnuradio.vocoder import gsm_full_rate
ImportError: No module named vocoder
Ran 2 tests in 0.100s

FAILED (errors=1)
Ran 5 tests in 0.003s

OK
Ran 3 tests in 0.017s

OK
.
Ran 1 test in 0.005s

OK
Ran 4 tests in 0.025s

OK
Ran 3 tests in 0.018s

OK
FAIL: run_tests
===================
1 of 1 tests failed
===================
make[5]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory
`/data/matt/usrp/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr'
make[4]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/data/matt/usrp/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr'
make[3]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/data/matt/usrp/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio'
make[2]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/matt/usrp/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/python'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/matt/usrp/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>>> build FAILED in /data/matt/usrp/gr-build/gnuradio-core

I'm not sure how to debug this as I'm not that familiar with
python. To be it seems that the 'vocoder' module was not included in
the gnuradio python module. As its using the libtool stuff, I'm not
exactly sure where its picking any of its dependencies up from, or
even if its picking up some from the previous installation.

Any help in getting it to work would be appreciated (as I have my USRP
sitting here on my desk looking bored!).

Thanks,

Matt