Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP and GnuRadio for OSX

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP and GnuRadio for OSX
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:30:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Oskar Lissheim-Boethius wrote:

I run OSX and am still not proficient enough with Linux to go through all the steps to compile the core-project (well, I tried at least, and failed miserably).

If some Mac-guys on the list could give a prospect on when I could eventually find a friendly installer to this very cool stuff ... I'd be very thankful.

I've got gnuradio-core-2.5 running on Mac OS X. I am planning to post the instructions soon. I won't have any friendly installer but I will have explicit directions. There are some unobvious steps.

I've got core working but wxgui (scopesink, fftsink, waterfallsink) are not quite working yet. I was hoping to clear this up before posting the whole story but if I can't get unstuck I'll just post the instructions for the core. Also, there is no audio support for OS X yet. Without audio or wxgui I've just been capturing the output with a file sink and displaying it in gnuplot.

Jon Jacky