[Discuss-gnuradio] DC component and daughter-boards

From: Damien B.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DC component and daughter-boards
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:29:44 +1000

Hi,

Matt in a previous thread you were talking about making d/b that let
DC component pass:

> If there is enough interest, I might make such a set of boards.  If someone
> else
> is interested in the design, the BasicRX/TX are a great starting point, and I
> can offer guidance.

When i'm inspecting the my FIR output, it's really difficult to
measure a 30ns (one sample) delay if the signal is not clean. Would it
be possible to make a quick but not perfect hack of the basicTX and
RX, something like:
   - removing transformer
   - Short-cut pin 3 to 6 and 1 to 4
the resulting impedance would be 40 Ohms (50 // 50+200+50), but is it
really bad for low freq square wave < 2MHz ?

And be sure to send a positive signal...

I dont know how the converter will deal with the DC component and the
2's complement internal encoding though.

Thanks, cheers
Damien