Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Waterfall spectrum display

From: James Cooley
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Waterfall spectrum display
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:55:02 -0400

Quite apart from the standard wx GUIs, I've been playing a bit with OpenGL.

This one is the first of two open GL displays I've been toying with:

http://web.media.mit.edu/~jcooley/gr_experiments/experiments/fft_3d_time/gr_3d_fft_time.htm

It's a bit like a combined waterfall and standard fft display and performance is surprisingly good! There's no legend and the scale markers mean nothing at this point, but at least it looks cool ;) Kind of an fft land.

-jamie

David Carr wrote:

I've been working on one for a while, it works well (and is fast) but
its a little rough. I believe that Matt has a fairly recent version of it in CVS.
It may also now be a part of gr-wxgui --- I don't know.
If you'd like the latest copy send me an email.

-David Carr

Marcus Leech wrote:

Has anyone contemplated a "waterfall" type spectrum display?
This might best be done when contemplating general data
display speedups and UI improvements.

Not that I'm volunteering, you understand :-)