[Discuss-gnuradio] another newbie

From: LRK
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] another newbie
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:26:06 -0600

I'm trying to get into gnuradio, hopefully using FreeBSD. They say you can't
teach an ol' dawg new tricks so gnuradio may be too many new tricks without
learning another OS at the same time.

I have downloaded and built the tarballs with some success. The audio tests
run except the ones with the "hw:0,0: No such file or directory" so I am
making progress. FreeBSD installs boost in /usr/local so I have to set the
option --with-boost-include-dir=/usr/local/include/ for ./configure.

Also I can get the CVS files but the bootstrap fails. Some issues with
where FreeBSD puts automake and such as well as missing variables. More
when I work that out a bit.

If anyone is using *BSD I can use a little help.

First project is to feed signals from a radio discriminator into the sound
card for identifying/decoding. Again pointers will be appreciated.

--
LRK