[Discuss-gnuradio] FYI: GnuRadio + Suse-9.2

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FYI: GnuRadio + Suse-9.2
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 00:50:05 +1030

G'day,

The Australian APC magazine included a DVD with the FTP version of Suse 9.2
and I couldn't help myself to install and build GnuRadio using a spare
partition on my laptop. After downloading a number of missing RPMS, mostly
development utilities and files that are only included with "Suse 9.2
Professional", GnuRadio built and installed without problems.

I've measured the USB2 databandwidth at around 32MB/sec, which is 400% faster
then NetBSD on the same system. GnuRadio on Suse-9.2 didn't suffer from  any
over/underruns whilst using GUI intensive applications such as the
oscope_sink and fft_sinks concurrently.

Maybe this should tell me something.... grr.... ;-)

cheerio Berndt
--
Every man who says frankly and fully what he thinks is doing a public service.
[Leslie Stephen]