Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] autoconf, automake, autoheader

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] autoconf, automake, autoheader
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:01:05 -0800

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 09:25:59PM -0600, David Carr wrote:
> Is there a good book, website, etc that has a comprehensive and
> tractible introduction to the autotools?
> I've read pieces of the documentation and several tutorials but I'd like
> something thorough and accessable.
> What do you guys reccomend?
>
> Thanks,
> David Carr

New Riders has a book called "GNU Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool"
that's not bad, but a little out of date.  There's also an html
version at http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/index.html

The autoconf and automake manuals aren't bad if you skim them first,
to figure out what's in them, and then read just the sections that
look interesting.  I generate the pdf's, print them and stick them in
a binder.  I find it provides a quicker path to digesting them.  A
quick look at the libtool manual should get you what you need.

Eric