Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Strange error on running TX/RX scripts

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Strange error on running TX/RX scripts
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:25:58 -0800

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 05:26:01PM -0600, Meenal wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am writing FM TX and RX scripts similar to  the FSK TX and RX scripts
> found in gnuradio-examples/python/usrp1
>
> I have noticed that when running these scripts, they seem to work
> correctly, but strange characters like "aUaU..."  appear on my session
> window and continue appearing  till I terminate the program.

> address@hidden gui]$ python fm_tx.py
> audio: using audio_alsa
> alsa_sink: min_nperiods = 1, max_nperiods = 1024
> aUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaU...
>
> How can I fix this?
> Many thanks,
> Meenal

Meenal,

You're probably running out of CPU cycles.

FYI, you can control how many simultaneous FM xmitters are running with
fm_tx.py using the -n option.

If you run some kind of CPU monitor applet, you should be able to keep
an eye on this.  I'm using KDE and I think the applet I'm running is
called ksysguard.

Eric