Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio2.3: Shared pointer

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio2.3: Shared pointer
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:59:31 -0800

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 03:29:06PM -0600, Meenal wrote:
> Hi all,
> As I understand, the gr_vector_sink_f ( and similar ) class represents a
> float sink that writes to a vector. In this process a shared pointer is
> created. Is this correct? If yes, then is there a way of accessing that
> shared pointer through a separate program, than the one which created it?
> Thanks,
> Meenal

There's a shared pointer to the instance of the class (gr_vector_sink_f).
The vector that's used internally doesn't have a shared pointer to it,
and is not accessable even within the same program.  You grab a copy
of the data using the .data () method.

What are you trying to do?  There may be another way to get what
you want.

Eric