Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stereo FM receiver

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stereo FM receiver
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:34:27 -0800

Quoting Anastasopoulos Achilleas <address@hidden>:

> I have coded an FM receiver that demodulates stereo stations.

Great!

> although it is not clear whether I am hearing stereo or mono,
> since the difference is negligible...
> I would appreciate any feedback, since this was my first attempt with
> gnuradio.

Perhaps there is an FM guru out there that can clear this up.  I was under the
impression that the output of the FM demod should be run through the
deemphasis, and then the stereo and subcarriers can be picked off.  You have it
the other way around -- you do deemphasis on the left and right separately
after they have been filtered out from the main signal.  I think this causes
the L-R to have incorrect deemphasis.

Matt