Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Over the Air Signal Capture

From: Cory Papenfuss
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Over the Air Signal Capture
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:33:11 -0500 (EST)

Some are localizer, not VOR within that frequency band. Those are 90 and 150Hz AM out a center line of the runway. The nav instrument reads the strength of each to determine if centered down the runway.... centered needle=equal strength=lined up. The glideslope signal is more or less the same (at different frequencies), but vertically oriented as opposed to horizontally.

(I feel like I'm playing poker ... ) I'll raise your localizer and throw in a marker beacon signal at 75 Mhz.

*stupid grin*

Thanks Cory ... all good stuff.

OK... I'll see your MB and raise you an ADF from 200-415kHz...Not a very interesting signal to receive, though (AM Morse ID at 1024 Hz, I think). It's the E vs B receiver antennas that provide "guidance."

;-)

... and no, I don't think that A-N ranges can count anymore... heh.

-Cory