Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is the make check step essential?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is the make check step essential?
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:56:57 -0800

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 01:40:57AM +0100, Martin Dvh wrote:
> Is the make check step essential.
> I still got some errors with make check which are not yet resolved.
> The following answer in another thead made me wondering is the make
> check step is essential:
> >>Making check in tests
> >>....... gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm_factory: Failed
> >

> >Can these system limits be pushed further? (I know next to nothing of
> >OSX)
> >Have you tried the tricks at http://comsec.com/wiki?MacOsX ?
> >
> >If you have at least one factory working, you can ignore the sysv_shm.
>
> In other words.
> Does make check set some settings for gnuradio or is it just informative.
> If some of the factories are not working how does gnuradio know this.
> I know gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm_factory is working in my setup but
> r_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm_factory aborts in make check.

make check is just informative...

The first time you try to run gnuradio it runs the same code that's
currently failing on your system to figure out what factory to use and
then writes the name (with no trailing newline) to
~/.gnuradio/prefs/gr_vmcircbuf_default_factory

On my system the file contains "gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm_factory" (no quotes)

> Now I don't know if gnuradio will use the working factory, a random
> factory or the non-working factory.

The bigger problem is that if make check is failing, there's probably
other code that's broken too.

Eric