Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Comb Filter (OT tangent)

From: Cory Papenfuss
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Comb Filter (OT tangent)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:34:22 -0500 (EST)

If/when you get colour you could use the XVideo extension to have your video
card do the YUV -> RGB colour space conversion ;)

Maybe someone here knows how easy this would be to do.... I've been thinking of trying to make a "dummy" XVideo mode where it would tell an application that the card is doing color transformation from YUV->RGB, but it actually doesn't. If the vid card does sync-on-green, you could generate component video directly then.

It seems like it would be a really easy way to get high-quality TVOUT for watching video on something like mythtv (my current application for such a beast).

        Anyone with any comments?

-Cory