Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building Gnuradio on Cygwin

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building Gnuradio on Cygwin
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:49:46 -0800

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 04:03:53PM -0500, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am following the instructions to install gnuradio-core-2.3
> on cygwin (windows xp) and I get the following problem
> with make (using gcc/g++ 3.4.1)
>
> Any suggestions what might be wrong here?
>
> Thanks
> Achilleas

Stephane Fillod has done some work getting GNU Radio to compile using
MinGW and Cygwin, but I'm not sure of the status.  Even if it
compiles, there are probably other problems waiting to be solved.

You might want to try using CVS head.  I think there are some mingw
changes that aren't in the 2.3 tarball.

Getting it working under MinGW/Cygwin should be possible, but it's
going to take some effort by somebody who's familiar with MinGW/Cygwin.
You're basically in uncharted territory.  Please figure out what it
takes to make it work and then send patches.

Thanks,
Eric