[Discuss-gnuradio] Are microtune 4707's worth having?

From: Tom Huppi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Are microtune 4707's worth having?
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 02:41:38 -0500 (EST)

There are a box of 108pc on e-bay w/ no bids for $50.

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge.  I see more IF info related to
the 49xx pieces (on microtune's websiite), but one of the USRP
modules seems to have a 4702.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51004&item=5730328217&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

---

Unrelated general question:  If, while I wait for the USRP to
become available, I work at modifying a cheap radio to provide
12khz IF output, will I be able to use the rig for anything of
interest using currently written code?  I've seen a couple of such
mods seemingly aimed at DRM/soundcard experimenters.

The link to the diagram for a simple downconversion device that I
found on the GnuRadio website left this newbie with more questions
than answers....and I can't figure out what a 'haxpertise' is or
where to find info on it...google draws a blank (saved the
GnuRadio website :)  Also I have not learned enough to understand
the relationship between signal transmission frequencies (and
various modulation types) and the AD sampling rate needed to do
something usefull with them.

Thanks,  - Tom