Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Problem with interleaved_short_to_complex

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Problem with interleaved_short_to_complex
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:37:57 -0800

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 04:59:23PM +0000, Prateek Dayal wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Yes you were right .. I downloaded the entire CVS again at a different
> location (without any error/warnings) ... ran the whole installation
> procedure but still get the same error.
>
> Is there any workaround ... should I try opening the file in matlab
> and deinterleaving it myself ???
>
> I am totally stuck up here ... I have tried everything in my capacity
> ... Have you tried the file on some other system ???
>
> Can I put the python module in the same folder where I run the program
> and have it work ???

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

In general you want to put your experimental python code in some directory
NOT UNDER gnuradio-core.  Then just invoke them from the command line.

Try running this script.

#!/bin/bash

cd /tmp
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages
python -V
python <<EOF
from gnuradio import gr
m=gr.interleaved_short_to_complex ()
print "m = ", m
EOF

It should print out something like this, confirming that
gr.interleaved_short_to_complex exists:

address@hidden tmp]$ bash /tmp/try-this
Python 2.3.4
m =  <gr_block gr_interleaved_short_to_complex (0)>

I checkout and built a new tree from CVS prior to running this script,
so I'm confident that builds and works OK.

Eric