[Discuss-gnuradio] working FM front end (in progress)

From: cswiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] working FM front end (in progress)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:26:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gang - FWIW I suddenly realized that 8M samples/sec is perfectly
fine for digitizing a 10.7Mhz bandpass carrier with 200khz or so
width, which translates down to 2.7Mhz. I'm currently using the tuner
and main board from the 'poor man's spectrum analyzer', along with
a Minicircuits ZHL-32A to boost the IF up to ADC level.
GNURadio is playing the US prez debates just fine here (FWTW)
using fm_demod.py from the examples. One of the tuners in the kit
handles 450-900Mhz which might work for some local digital TV stations
with a good antenna.

--Chuck