Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2.1 v/s 0.9

From: Prateek Dayal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2.1 v/s 0.9
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 21:30:17 +0000

hi eric,

i have yet to get a 4020 .. will get it in hand in december. Right now
I have my soundcard and some other mixers and ADC's to play with. But
then even though the mixer and ADC kits are very high speed (Analog
Devices 60 Mhz ADC eval kit), there is no way I can get something
beyond a few 100 kbps into the PC ... is there some interface other
than parallel port that i can use. The kits do not have USB .. they
have just the output for 8 bits and one or two control signals .. no
drivers for windows or linux anything ....

Also I plan to use the composite video output (baseband) of a CD
player, so I do not think that I will need a RF front end or
something. That outpur is 1 V p-p so it should be directly digitizable
using the DAS card. I have to build a comb filter in the first place
and also get reasonably familiar with the GNU Radio system. I will
also look at HDTV code, but I guess HDTV being inherently digital
should be different from PAL/NTSC which are analog.

I have no issues with the license .. whatever you guys say ...

Regards,

Prateek

--
Prateek Dayal