Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2.1 v/s 0.9

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2.1 v/s 0.9
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 14:09:53 -0700

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 08:24:35PM +0000, Prateek Dayal wrote:
> thanks for information .. that clears up a lot ... the problem is that
> the documentation as such does not deal with these things .. may be we
> once i get  a hang of it all i will write a small  readme for all this
> stuff and post it on the net ....

That would be great.  Please put it on the wiki: http://comsec.com/wiki
and then post a note about it to the list.

> also as i am making a NTSC/PAL decoding system, what guidelines
> should I follow so that if succesful, the code can become a part of GNU Radio

Take a look at the coding conventions in gnuradio-core/README.hacking
When in doubt, have it look like the existing code.

Also, as part of our agreement with the Free Software Foundation as an
official GNU Project, the copyright must be assigned to FSF.  Why they
want this is so that if there's ever a legal challenge, there's only a
single plaintiff or defendent on our side.  I'll send you additional
information in the next message.

> i have about 7/8 months so
> with some directions can achieve good results. I will be using PCI DAS
> 4020 card ...

That's great.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with!  Don't
hesitate to ask questions.  The first thing you can try if you haven't
already, is to decode the FM audio channel.

What front end are you using with the 4020?

Eric