[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: CVS gr-build module

From: MATTHEW BURNHAM
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: CVS gr-build module
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:37:33 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:20:52 -0700, Eric Blossom
wrote:
> I forgot to mention, there's now a new module in CVS
called gr-
> build. It makes working with all the modules in CVS
much easier.
> First checkout gr-build.  Then use its tools to
checkout and build
> the rest.  It's much easier than doing it all by
hand.

I had a go with this this evening. Had a few issues
getting all the required dependencies together again
(just reinstalled my Linux distro and decided to have
a play with Fedora - what do most people messing with
GNURadio use? I'm sure I had less problems with
Debian, but maybe that's because I could work apt-get
better than I can rpm/yum).

I noted that sdcc is required for the usrp stuff which
I didn't spot in the README. Also the README that
refers to swig version 1.3.21, it seems that 1.3.22 is
now needed, perhaps this could be updated in the
README.

I modified the for-all-dirs script to avoid the mc4020
stuff as I got errors in that dir - having just looked
at the website, I'm guessing I was missing the driver.
Don't have the board, so am assuming that leaving it
out won't break anything.

The build script worked a treat though, and I was
pleased to get sound out with the dialtone generator.
It may be worth a note in the README regarding the
need to set up sudo correctly, as I was a bit puzzled
at the Password: prompt until I dug into the script
and fixed my sudo config.

I got a "ImportError: No module named wx" error when
trying to run the fftsink.py file in the wxgui stuff.
I presume its just a problem with setting up a path
somewhere, much as when PYTHONPATH isn't present. I've
installed the latest wxPython from source.

--
Mat Burnham