Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LTC1746 lives

From: Chuck Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LTC1746 lives
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:33:36 -0400

At 08:12 PM 9/20/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Today I ran the LTC1746 board into a fft display at 6Msps. The distance from the top of the signal peak to the noise floor was over 85dB. I originally had thought that the board was generating additional harmonics but it turns out that the $$$$ Agilent signal generator was producing them, not the SSRP. This means that the SSRP is now functional. I'd expect the next revision to be a production version.

Hi David - what does your modified mc4020_fft.py look like? I put in ssrp for mc4020, but get connect src/dst different data size error. I know gr.ssrp_source_c outputs shorts, I left in gr.short_to_float, changed nothing else other than sample rate. Have installed wxgui, wxPython, etc.

On a different subject - anybody who ever got fftw to compile on Solaris 8 with the required options ( --enable-shared --enable-float) let me know how you did it! Using Sun's ld gets "unknown file
type" error, using gnu ld gets some unknown symbols.

--Chuck